The site extends to approximately 7.78 acres (3.14 ha) gross and comprises existing rail sidings, parking and commercial premises. Access to the site is granted via Great Western Road whilst further frontage onto Horton Road exists to the east. The site is flat in gradient in keeping with the surrounding area which is generally level.
The site is linear in nature running north-west to south-east between Great Western Road to the north and the retained railway line to the south.
The property is situated in a mixed use area comprising residential and commercial uses. The Royal Gloucestershire Hospital is situated to the north, Pullman Court business centre to the west and circa 1900’s Victorian terrace properties adjoin the site to the north. There is an area of Public Open Space adjacent to the north eastern corner of the site with a modern ‘flatted’ residential development on the opposite frontage to Great Western Road, adjacent to the hospital. We understand this comprises staff accommodation.
To the northern part of the site are a number of industrial units which are occupied and subject to a number of leasehold interests. These occupy a site area extending to approximately 0.78 ha (1.93 acres). Situated on the main body of the site are disused brick and metal framed sheds and workshops which we understand were built in the 1950’s. The buildings are in poor condition and are vacant.